Kylie Champion Senior Consultant
A highly professional former Senior Executive Service Officer and private sector consultant, with extensive Human Resource Management and Workplace Relations experience in the Commonwealth Public Sector. Directly involved in managing Human Resource units delivering tailored business solutions at the strategic, tactical and operational level across all facets of Human Resource Management including developing, negotiating and implementing Enterprise Agreements, individual contracts and employment frameworks designed to deliver strategic performance objectives against corporate outcomes. Extensive experience in strategy and policy development.
Consulting Experience – Industrial Relations
- Engaged with a number of Commonwealth public sector agencies providing advice and support on their enterprise bargaining strategy required to deliver an effective outcome for the business whilst meeting the Australian Government Public Sector Workplace Bargaining Strategy including:
- Development and management of bargaining process and project plans
- Review of existing terms and conditions against policy parameters and business requirements
- Work with clients and stakeholders to develop and confirm the bargaining position
- Identification of specific transitional employment requirements
- Delivering training to the bargaining team
- Provide drafting support and assistance
- Facilitate and advise of the legislative procedural requirements
- Provide coaching a mentoring throughout the bargaining process
- Assist in the ballot and lodgement process including the conduct of assessment against the Award.
- Undertook significant policy reviews across all human resource functions;
- Developed and advised upon a substantial targeted workforce adjustment process with the National Film and Sound Archive as a result of declining budget allocation. This challenging process was closely monitored by the Attorney General’s Department and was implemented successfully whilst avoiding media censure (as was seen across other commonwealth downsizing exercises conducted around that time).
- Developed a comprehensive handbook covering all facets of bargaining in the commonwealth government sector;
- Worked with a number of small and large businesses both established and during the start up phase to develop people management frameworks and employment contracts tailored to their specific requirements considering all relevant legislative obligations;
- Provided industrial advice and managed the relationship between a small business and the Fair Work Ombudsman during an investigation into the correct calculation of employee pay;
Business Process Change and Implementation
- Led significant changes management processes for public sector organisations.
- Facilitated sensitive and complex staff consultative processes to assist with the implementation of workplace change.
- Led business process mapping, review and improvement assignment across the ACT and Federal public sectors.
- Extensive experience in conducting workplace investigations in both APS and ACT Government agencies
Recently, Kylie has undertaken assignments with:
- DCNS Australia
- Dept of Communications