Simon Thorne Senior Consultant
Simon is a highly experienced senior executive with over 30 years expertise in both the private and public sector. As a General Manager and HR professional, he has been responsible for all aspects of the human resource portfolio with particular emphasis on strategy development, change programs, workplace performance, employee relations and workplace Investigations. He has worked with a broad range of organisations across the aviation, retail, finance, transport and logistics, insurance and FMCG sectors. His most recent role prior to joining HBA Consulting was as Group Manager Human Resources for Airservices Australia.
Simon’s strengths lie in the development of strategic solutions to people and organisational challenges designed to drive performance and productivity in a sustainable manner.
- Development and implementation of a strategic people strategy in order to support an organisation in the insurance sector achieve record growth and profitability.
- Developed a collaborative productivity driven framework to promote cross collaboration and breakdown silo mentality across a large public sector organisation.
- Led the development and implementation of a workforce engagement strategy that led to a 115% increase in profitability and doubling of employee engagement.
- Undertook the strategic review and restructuring of a wide range of organisations to realign the people strategy and ensure alignment with organisational strategic objectives.
Industrial Relations Advice
- Restructured the enterprise bargaining framework of an aviation sector company to deliver a $250 Million contract.
- Represented a wide range of organisations in Fair Work Australia.
- Advice and assistance to a large number of organisations in relation to industrial relations strategy and implementation, including enterprise bargaining and employment arrangements. Led the negotiation of over 30 Enterprise bargaining agreements across a range of sectors.
- Training for bargaining representatives (including management, staff and union bargaining representatives) following the issuing of the Notice of Employee Representational Rights (NERR) and just prior to the commencement of bargaining, to ensure that participants understand the bargaining process and related obligations of participants in the process.
Business Process Change and Implementation
- Led significant change management processes for a wide range of organisations.
- Facilitated sensitive and complex staff consultative processes to assist with the implementation of workplace change for a wide variety of organisations.
Managed over 200 Workplace investigations including, code of conduct, disciplinary, summary dismissal and performance improvement.
Education / accreditation
- Associate Diploma in Applied Biology
- Master of Business Administration
- Advanced Investigations Training