For more information about how HBA Consulting can assist you with Performance Management related issues, please contact:
Principal HBA Consulting
Tel : (02) 62474490
Mobile : 0419401250
Performance Management Service
In the Australian Public Service, the Public Service Commissioner's Directions 1999 require agencies to put in place a fair and open performance management system that:
- covers all employees;
- guides salary movement;
- is linked to agency organisational and business goals and the maintenance of the APS Values;
- provides employees with a clear statement of performance expectations; and
- provides employees to comment on those expectations
Further to this, the Australian Public Service Bargaining Framework requires all salary movement within a classification and/or broadband be based on at least a satisfactory performance rating.
These requirements exist in the Australian Public Service as it is widely recognised that effective performance management leads to an efficient and productive workforce.
HBA Consulting Performance Management Services can provide your organisation with economical, expert and pragmatic assistance in:
- Designing new performance management arrangements that will dovetail with your remuneration system and associated classification and advancement provisions (which HBA Consulting can also review)
- Examining existing performance management arrangements, identifying strategic, tactical and operational issues with recommendations for improvement;
- Developing and conducting workshops, round table discussions and training sessions to ensure people at all levels in your organisation have an opportunity to express views on existing performance management arrangements and can understand and commit to implementing any new arrangements .