Michael Gay has recently retired after more than two decades as a Commissioner with, firstly, the Australian Industrial Relations Commission, and more recently the Fair work Commission. Michael was initially appointed in early 1990, and retired in early 2013.
He was also a Commissioner with the Tasmanian Industrial Commission between mid-2010 and mid-2015.
Prior to being appointed as a Commissioner, Michael held senior industrial relations roles with Ansett Airlines.
His broad and deep understanding of the industrial environment in Australia, and overseas, combined with his skills as a mediator, conciliator and arbitrator, enables him to assist organisations with a wide range of workplace and industrial matters, such as:
- Strategic and tactical industrial relations advice
- Dispute avoidance and resolution
- Resolution of complex workplace matters involving staff
Industrial Relations & Governance
- Michael regularly works within Australia. Asia and Africa on a range of industrial and governance related assignments.
- Michael has assisted a number of organisations (private and public) to work through and seek workable resolutions to complex matters that have arisen between employees in the workplace.
During the past 6 months with HBA Consulting, Michael has undertaken assignments for:
- Air Services Australia.
Michael Gay (Senior Consultant)
Contact Gary Champion
Principal , HBA Consulting
T : (02) 62474490, 0419401250