Michael Gay has recently retired after more than two decades as a Commissioner with, firstly, the Australian Industrial Relations Commission, and more recently the Fair work Commission. Michael was initially appointed in early 1990, and retired in early 2013.
He was also a Commissioner with the Tasmanian Industrial Commission between mid-2010 and mid-2015.
Prior to being appointed as a Commissioner, Michael held senior industrial relations roles with Ansett Airlines.
His broad and deep understanding of the industrial environment in Australia, and overseas, combined with his skills as a mediator, conciliator and arbitrator, enables him to assist organisations with a wide range of workplace and industrial matters, such as:
- Strategic and tactical industrial relations advice
- Dispute avoidance and resolution
- Resolution of complex workplace matters involving staff
Industrial Relations & Governance
- Michael regularly works within Australia. Asia and Africa on a range of industrial and governance related assignments.
- Michael has assisted a number of organisations (private and public) to work through and seek workable resolutions to complex matters that have arisen between employees in the workplace.
Michael Gay (Senior Consultant)
Contact Gary Champion
Principal , HBA Consulting
T : (02) 62474490, 0419401250