Max Gillard – Senior Consultant
Prior to joining HBA Consulting a number of years ago, Max's APS career spanned over 35 years across a number of agencies. This broad experience base enabled Max to work in a variety of roles in human resources and corporate support, including:
- workforce planning,
- employment conditions,
- training and development,
- employee welfare and
- a broad range of general employment casework.
He is an experienced workplace relations consultant who works closely with his clients to help them achieve informed and strategic business decisions. Max’s track record demonstrates the breadth of his background in the design, review and implementation of the key HR and IR building blocks of successful organisations.
Max has broad industry experience across various types of employers. He has worked with federal, state and Territory government agencies as well as with some private sector organisations.
- development of salary models and remuneration strategies
- review of classification structures to realign the organisational structure and achieve improvements in service delivery performance
Business reforms and process improvement
- implementation and management of Enterprise Agreements and employment contracts.
- implementation and maintenance of performance management systems.
- drafting of policies and procedures to underpin the HR framework.
- strategic industrial relations advice to several agencies.
Reviews and Investigations
- Participation (including as chair on reviews panels for promotion, performance management and disputes.
- Code of Conduct investigations – many of which have been of a complex and sensitive nature.
- Investigations for reviews of action, grievances and complaints.
- Public Interest Disclosures investigations.
During the past 6 months, Max has undertaken assignments with:
- Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
- Department of Parliamentary Services
- Airservices Australia
- ACT Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate
- ACT Justice and Community Safety Directorate
- Australian Museum of Australian Democracy
Contact Gary Champion
Principal , HBA Consulting
T : (02) 62474490, 0419401250